Renew Male Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some of the more frequently asked questions about Renew Male grouped by topic.
- Dosage and Cycling Renew Male
- Fosamax and Bone Density
- Anti-Depressants (Zoloft) and Statins (Crestor)
- Older Men and Erections
Question: Is this product contraindicated if psa showed slow growing radical cells in 2 out of 12 needle biopsies?
Answer: Research conducted on high doses of the components in Renew Male show no effects on AFP (Alpha-fetoprotein, α-fetoprotein, alpha-1-fetoprotein or alpha-fetoglobulin) or PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) levels in men. These subjects had no previous abnormalities in the PSA scores. Additional studies (see below) demonstrate that one of the herbs in Renew Male actually have cancer cell fighting properties. The decision to try any product after you have been diagnosed with a cancer is a complex one and there is not a simple answer. If you decide to try Renew Male, you should discuss with your physician ho to monitor your PSA and AFP levels to make sure they do not increase. If your PSA levels or AFP levels are high (or become high), stop taking Renew Male and focus your efforts on nutritional strategies to increase prostate health and after the prostate is healthy, try doing strategies to increase testosterone levels.
- Cytotoxic activity of quassinoids from Eurycoma longifolia. Miyake K, Li F, Tezuka Y, Awale S, Kadota S. Nat Prod Commun. 2010 Jul;5(7):1009-12.
- Eurycomanone induce apoptosis in HepG2 cells via up-regulation of p53. Zakaria Y, Rahmat A, Pihie AH, Abdullah NR, Houghton PJ. Cancer Cell Int. 2009 Jun 10;9:16.
- F16, a fraction from Eurycoma longifolia jack extract, induces apoptosis via a caspase-9-independent manner in MCF-7 cells. Tee TT, Cheah YH, Hawariah LP. Anticancer Res. 2007 Sep-Oct;27(5A):3425-30.
- DH334, a beta-carboline anti-cancer drug, inhibits the CDK activity of budding yeast. Li Y, Liang F, Jiang W, Yu F, Cao R, Ma Q, Dai X, Jiang J, Wang Y, Si S. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007 Aug;6(8):1193-9. Epub 2007 May 4.
- Induction of apoptosis by Eurycoma longifolia jack extracts. Tee TT, Azimahtol HL. Anticancer Res. 2005 May-Jun;25(3B):2205-13.
- Cytotoxic and antimalarial constituents from the roots of Eurycoma longifolia. Kuo PC, Damu AG, Lee KH, Wu TS. Bioorg Med Chem. 2004 Feb 1;12(3):537-44.
- Cytotoxic and antimalarial beta-carboline alkaloids from the roots of Eurycoma longifolia. Kuo PC, Shi LS, Damu AG, Su CR, Huang CH, Ke CH, Wu JB, Lin AJ, Bastow KF, Lee KH, Wu TS. J Nat Prod. 2003 Oct;66(10):1324-7.
- Cytotoxic and antimalarial constituents of the roots of Eurycoma longifolia. Kardono LB, Angerhofer CK, Tsauri S, Padmawinata K, Pezzuto JM, Kinghorn AD. J Nat Prod. 1991 Sep-Oct;54(5):1360-7.
Question: How many tablets and how much time before layoff should one take of Renew Male? I feel more positive, am sleeping better and am only on day 15!
Answer: Based on animal studies and some limited research on humans here is what you can expect:
- 1 capsule before working out is all you need to increase Testosterone levels
- 2 capsules before working out will increase Testosterone levels AND improve memory
- 4 capsules before working out will increase Testosterone levels AND improve memory AND increase muscle size
Results improve with long-term use
You do not need to cycle but you could follow 5 days on 2 days off for convenience.
Question: My husband has just been told that he needs to go on Fosamax for bone density. Is that condition related to low T? Would the Renew Male help his bones?
Answer: Yes, low testosterone is associated with lower bone density. Here are some links to studies that show this:
The high prevalence of low bone density in men aged 55 yr and over presenting with low trauma fractures to an accident and emergency department
Determinants of bone density in healthy older men with low testosterone levels.
In your husband’s case, he could try 2 capsules before lifting weights to increase his testosterone levels and to eventually increase his bone density. It takes time to increase bone density. Some studies say it can take 6 to 12 months before bone density increases.
Question: My husband is highly allergic to aspirin, cucumbers and wheat. He takes a Claritin-D every day for his allergies. Would it harm him to take Renew Male?
Answer: There is nothing in the Renew Male product that mimics aspirin, cucumbers and wheat. I reviewed the scientific literature and there are no reports of allergies to the key ingredients in Renew Male. However, that doesn’t mean your husband isn’t allergic to the product. You don’t say what your husband’s allergy symptoms are. You should consult with his physician if you are not sure. If they are life threatening, then do not try Renew Male. If they are not, then he can try the product to see if he is allergic to it. If he is allergic he can return it. So far no one has reported any allergies. Please keep us posted.
Question: Is Renew Male safe to take with anti-depressants (Zoloft) and Crestor (cholesterol-lowering medication)?
Answer: Please contact your physician to discuss this. We have not found any interactions in our patients taking antidepressants or statin drugs with Renew Male.
Question: I am wondering if this will work for an 81year old male. Need to get an Erection again. Possible? Will this do it?
Answer: If the reason for the erectile dysfunction is due to low testosterone levels, then Renew Male will help. If the reason is due to something else, then it may not. I would suggest that you try taking 4 capsules per day right before lifting weights. This will help set the stage to increase testosterone and blood flow to the testes. After a week you should see a difference.