A Sample Testosterone Friendly Day – AM
I’ve covered quite a bit of information in the Renew Male Testosterone Tips over the past six posts. In order to help you integrate this information into your daily life, I’m going to spend the next two weeks showing you what a sample testosterone-friendly day might look like.
6:30 AM – Rise and shine
- By going to bed at the same time every night and waking up at the same time every morning, your body will establish a healthy circadian rhythm. This is one of the most important things you can do to naturally optimize testosterone (and other anabolic hormones) and keep cortisol levels low.
6:45 – 7:45 AM – Coffee or green tea then a brisk walk outdoors
- Daily physical activity will help you maintain lower levels of body fat, and a moderate amount of caffeine beforehand can augment the fat burning effects of exercise.
- Coffee and green tea can help prevent diabetes and heart disease both of which can contribute to sexual dysfunction.
- Sunshine stimulates the production of vitamin D which is necessary for testosterone production.
8:00 AM – Breakfast
Vegetable omelet made with 4 whole eggs
1 Cup of oatmeal with ½ Cup of frozen blueberries
1 Renew Male capsule
Multivitamin (I recommend HPS Performance Plus Packs)
Optional: 3 g beta-alanine and 5 g creatine
- A quick, balanced, nutrient-dense breakfast.
- Eggs are an excellent source of protein, healthy fats, and nutrients like choline, lutein, and zeaxanthin. Also, the claim that eggs elevate cholesterol levels and promote heart disease continues to be disproven.
- A high quality multivitamin provides “nutrition insurance.”
- Do I really need to talk about the benefits of fish oil?
- Beta-alanine and creatine provide a huge bang-for-your-buck as they’re both inexpensive and effective.
10:00 AM – Smoke break…kidding, a quick walk and stretching
If your employer and/or schedule permits it, talk a quick walk and do some stretching – especially of your quads and pecs – during your breaks.
- Chances are you sit a lot during the day (if not, consider yourself lucky), so getting up, moving around, and stretching will help a ton with your posture, productivity, and performance in the gym.
12:00 PM – Lunch
8 oz. grilled chicken breast
Sautéed mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers (~2 cups raw total)
1 large baked sweet potato
2 Tbsp organic butter
- A delicious, balanced, nutrient-dense lunch.
Next week, I’ll finish the rest of this sample day. What are your thoughts? Can you follow this morning plan?
Fernandez ML. Effects of eggs on plasma lipoproteins in healthy populations. Food Funct. 2010 Nov;1(2):156-60. [PubMed]
Nimptsch K, Platz EA, Willett WC, Giovannucci E. Association between plasma 25-OH vitamin D and testosterone levels in men. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2012 Jan 2. [PubMed]